Blood Orange Review publishes emerging and established writers of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. Our editors look for compelling voices and work that demonstrates attention to craft. We want writing that changes us and challenges us to redefine our sense of perspective. We thrill when we publish someone for the first time, and though our journal is modestly sized and our selection is competitive, we encourage writers to submit.
General Submission Guidelines
- We consider poetry, fiction, and nonfiction
- Our reading period for general submissions is September 1 – April 1st.
- Please send original, unpublished work only.
- We currently charge $3 per submission, which you can pay when you submit your work through Submittable.
- Simultaneous submissions are okay, but please withdraw your submission from our submission manager if your work has been accepted elsewhere.
- To check on the status of your submission, log into your account at any time using the email address and password you entered during your initial submission.
- If work is accepted, we will contact you by email and provide a contract.
- We regret that we are unable to pay our writers, but we do our best to promote your work on our site and through our social media networks.
- The editors will make every attempt to respond to your submission in eight weeks.